Sunday, April 20, 2014

Time as an Element Final

For this assignment, we were asked to portray time as an element in our piece. Immediately I knew that I wanted to use dried paint as a material in my piece as it has intrigued me in the past and I thought that it would create a good representation of time. I also decided that I wanted to paint two of the same faces, but use different colors to portray the different moods that a progressing day creates. I am really proud of how this piece turned out and am very excited to present it at my first art gallery in the North Carolina Museum of Art!

A link to this gallery is as followed:

http://teens-inspired.org/post/81780830854/new-teens-inspired-submission-hannah-siegel

Because this piece took "time" to complete, I have created a timeline of how I got to the final piece.





One of the most exciting things to me about this two part collection is it's ability to tell a story and the different interpretations that viewers take. I think that I was really able to communicate a message through my pieces. I was trying to create the message that throughout the day, the environment might change, but the individual stays the same. Through the materials that I chose to use, I think that I was really able to create that feeling. I have improved in my technical skills a lot over the years, and through that, I have also improved in my ability to create a deep message in whatever I have created. I think that I improved in this skill with this piece, as everyone who has looked at it sees something different, and that is such a great compliment for me as an artist! I hope that as you view my pieces, you are able to create your own message and I hope that it is an one :)

One of the main reasons that I think that this piece turned out so well is because I was really open to collaborating with other artists in my class and asking for advice. I believe that being open to others views and having a second set of eyes really enhances one's vision, and I am so grateful to have such wonderful artists in my class to share that with. Originally, I was planning to paint the faces in normal skin tones, when one student had the idea to paint them in black and white, which I think helps get the vision across much more effectively. I am so blessed to have a great group of surrounding artists that encourage and aid each other! Some of their blogs can be found below. They are all extremely talented!

http://apex-2015-jessica.blogspot.com/

http://ahs-ariel-2015.blogspot.com/

http://chassitysartblog.blogspot.com/

http://apex-2016-michelle.blogspot.com/

Come out to view my work at the end of summer at the NCMA!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations of getting into the NC Museum of Art! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete