Sunday, May 4, 2014

Parallel Project Idea

To begin brainstorming for this new project, we were asked to think of a list of current events that would serve as inspiration. Our lists all consisted of the major news stories going around, mostly hard things to grasp that are always circulating the news. The assignment is to create a project that parallels a current event using metaphors. As I was studying the lists, all I saw were these horrible event and darkness. I was feeling super uninspired in all the depressing stuff going on, but as I furthered my own research, I discovered a lot of "faith in humanity restored" stories that often get overlooked because they do not cause as much affliction or drama.


 I suddenly got very inspired and got the idea to do my whole project as one big parallel for the idea of restoring faith in humanity in the midst of so much darkness. 



My idea for the execution of this idea is to do photo transfers of black and white newspaper headlines as a metaphor for the bad news. The newspapers will form "bricks" that will appear to be falling apart and on top of them, I will use tissue paper flowers to symbolize the peace and goodness that can still be found. I did a mixed media project last semester and really enjoyed the experience, so I am excited to try it again. Stay tuned for updates and pictures! 


1 comment:

  1. Hannah your positivity is so wonderful and refreshing I love it (I LOVE YOU. HAPPY KINDNESS TUESDAY)

    ReplyDelete