Saturday, March 15, 2014

Snapshot post- Time as an Element




For this project, we were asked to think of ways time could be used as an element in a piece, not just be represented. Immediately, I was inspired by Monet's series in which he painted the same scene but at differing times of the day, using time as the main element.  I wanted to do something unique and take my own spin on the famous artist's ideas. I decided to do two paintings of the same person, one in the day time and one at night. Also, to grow on the inspiration drawn from Monet, I decided to use dried paint in the background as another way to show time. In this way, I was able to draw inspiration from another piece, but truly make it my own and make it my original piece of artwork.

I believe that I was really able to take the idea that I had to the next level because I took a serious risk. For one, I used an unfamiliar material as a main element to my piece. I have always wanted to work with dried paint because I always have a ton of it! This was the perfect project to try it out and I am really glad I took that risk. Also, when I had the idea to paint two faces, honestly, I tried to think of anything else that I could paint because the thought of painting two faces is kind of intimidating! I could not get the idea out of my head, so I decided to just go for it and whatever happened, would happen. I took a major risk but I am so glad that I did. 

I am really glad that I took this project head on and am so excited to see how it will turn out! One area that I think that I could work on to improve my pieces as I move forward would be the solving problems aspect. I have come across a few issues that I have tried to think of many ways to solve that would create the look that I had intended to create. Instead, I know that I should be thinking of alternative ways to go about the issues that would still enhance the piece!

This project in itself is most definitely taking it's sweet time! Between drying all the paint and all of the intricate details of the face, it is coming along very slowly but I can't wait to see the final product!



Thanks for the photobomb!










No comments:

Post a Comment