Sunday, March 2, 2014

Mini- Project: Mutlimedia self portrait

     

      For the past three days, we have been working on a mini project where we had a variety of projects we could choose to work on.  I chose to create a self portrait because I completed one this time last year and I wanted to see how much progress I have made in the past year. We were told that we could use any material that we wanted to complete the project, and since I couldn't decide (there are always so many choices!)  I decided to experiment with three different materials of which I have learned a lot about in the past year: charcoal, pencil, and acrylic paint. This definitely shows how I have grown since last year, because last year at this time, if we were asked to create a self portrait, what else would I use but basic pencil because it's safe? Since then, I have learned to be creative and think outside of the box, as well as to put more "me" into my projects.
     I am so happy with how this turned out! I can really see how I have grown in my technique. I really enjoyed being able to experiment with different materials and learn new skills with them. I looked online for some tutorials on how to get the detail in the hair which is definitely something that I will be able to take with me. Although this wasn't a huge serious project, I am really grateful to have had the opportunity to mess around and see how much I have grown as an artist in the last year. 
Cupcakes and drawing is always good :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment