Monday, January 27, 2014

Text as an Element

    For this mini-assignment, we were given the theme of "Text as an Element" and tasked with creating a piece using words as the main focus and putting that in to action however we saw fit. I decided to work with oil pastels to tackle this theme and I think that my vision really came across. I also decided to create the word "away" with balloons because I thought that it was a clever way to use text, but in a fun way. To put things into perspective for you, if you were to look at this scene from any other position, you would not see the word appear. It only works if you look straight on as it is drawn in the project. I love working with unique perspectives, but creating something like this was a new experience. I love how it turned out, though!     I was able to use a lot of the skills that I have acquired throughout my art career in this project that I believe definitely benefited the overall product. For example, I have learned a lot about the use of color and how that transfers in to the mood of the painting as well as how it can be used to create value. I liked this assignment and hope to be able to do a lot more using text as an element in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment