Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Acrylic Landscape


For our final project this semester, we were asked to pick a picture of a landscape and paint (for the first time!) with acrylics on a canvas. I was super inspired by this photo because I loved how it translated the feeling that actually being there evoked. I think that I was very successful in my overall painting because of this and also because I was able to use all of the techniques that I have learned throughout the course. I was able to see how the various techniques we learned (value, color theory, perspective, etc.) can really work together to create a final piece.

I have really enjoyed the opportunity to have had this course and I truly value how much I have grown as an artist because of this. I can't wait for Art II next year!! Check back for more then :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment