Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Biomes Clay Tile


For this piece, we were able to work with clay for the first time to recreate a biome and an animal that may be found in that biome. I chose the grasslands biome and decided to create a peacock within that biome. I chose to do a peacock because I am really intrigued by the unique colors and intricate designs on them. I think that I was really able to capture that unique quality of this bird in my final piece. I used all that we have learned about color theory to give the bird this quality, as well as what we were taught about techniques used for clay. I think that this was really successful because I was able to use a lot of skills that I have aquired throughout the course to complete it! Plus, the gold is a nice touch...who doesn't like a little glitter?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment