Saturday, September 14, 2013

What's the Point?

     Welcome back! So the new semester has started and I am so excited for what Art II has to offer. This year for the new semester, after given a topic, we have the opportunity for each new project to interpret it according to however we feel inspired by it. We started off with our first project right away with the theme of "What's the Point," and I have to say, I am really happy with how the final piece turned out. I started off by coming up with a list of things that came to mind when I thought of this theme. Some things that I came up with included points on a star, Ballerina Pointe, and more. What I felt truly inspired by, though, was the interpretation of an interesting "Point of View."
     I felt really inspired by taking the idea of a unique perspective literally as well as figuratively. I played around with the idea of using contrasting colors to display the idea of a true artistic perspective as well as the idea of people's different perspectives on ways of living. The light, airy feeling evoked from the farm side was created by using white paper and charcoal. It displays a simple feeling and a lighter perspective. The more dark and empty feeling emitted from the city perspective was created with black paper and a white colored pencil. I chose these mediums because I thought that they would do the best job of emitting the contrasting perspectives, but in a cool and unique way! I had never done something like this before, using different media to get across the message of the piece, but I am glad I took the risk and did something that I am proud of as an artist! I am so excited to see what is in store for this year and how much I can grow as an artist!






No comments:

Post a Comment