Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Value Forms with the iPad

Forms using values made on the iPad
In class, we have been studying value and how it impacts the two-dimensional drawing. We had previously been doing this with pencil or with oil pastels, but with this assignment, we had the opportunity to use the iPad. The iPad has an App called Layers Pro that allows you to virtually "paint" on it. In a way, using this App was very similar to using oil pastels because the techniques used were similar. The App allows you to use layers to go back and fix mistakes and in addition, a blending tool could be used to blend the colors together. This was also similar to using oil pastels. My "painting" did not turn out exactly how I had planned, but I think that overall, it was a good experience. It allowed me to elaborate on the skills that I had previously acquired.

Using technology to create something like this was new to me. The use of technology can allow you to create many things that paper and pencil does not allow. However, I don't think that using technology allows the artist to be as creative. Nonetheless, this is a different medium to explore that can really help to improve art skills. Overall, I really enjoyed the experience that I gained from this!

No comments:

Post a Comment