Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Contour Line Shoe Drawing

Contour Line Shoe Drawing



 
For this assignment, we had to draw a shoe using contour lines and contour lines only. Contour lines are basically lines that define the shape that you are trying to create. This shoe is drawn using only one continuous line, just shaping them differently to form a sneaker.

We had spent days doing contour drawing after contour drawing, everything from blind contours (of which I will not be posting, your welcome) in which we had to draw an object with one continuous line without looking at the paper, to drawing pretty much any inanimate object in sight.

Through the use of filling up probably five or six pages of my sketchbook creating these contour line drawings, I think I have grown tremendously as an artist. Not that I will be going around drawing shoes all the time, but learning how to use the contour lines has helped me to get out of thinking that I have to draw what I think I see, as opposed to what I really see. I believe that this will help me as I continue to grow as an artist and with all mediums as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment